Features of the Osaka Gas’ fuel processing system for ENE・FARM
（Normal temperature desulfurization requires replacement of the desulfurizer in one or two years.）
- Based on the gas production catalyst technology that Osaka Gas had accumulated over many years, Osaka Gas developed the catalysts of natural gas reforming process (desulfurization + reforming + CO shift) for a phosphoric acid fuel cell (PAFC) in 1989.
- Osaka Gas established a technique to accelerate the degradation of catalysts to a level equivalent to 10 years of operation on the basis of operating data accumulated over 50,000 hours on PAFC commercial units.
- Osaka Gas has also developed a technique to accelerate the degradation in the CO PROX catalyst newly developed for ENE・FARM to a level equivalent to 10 years of operation on the basis of data accumulated over 25,000 hours.
- To see details on the desulfurizer
Osaka Gas developed 10 year maintenance free fuel processing system, making use of catalyst technology, one of Osaka Gas’core technologies.
- Adding only a small amount of air enables the CO to be reduced below 1 ppm.
- The operating temperature range is so wide that reactor temperature is easy to control.
- To see details on the CO remover
- A plate type has been adopted to apply stamping and automatic welding technique.
- Free of catalyst replacement has reduced the maintenance cost.
- Compatibility with LPG has enhanced the mass-production
- The same reformers can be used for both city gas (natural gas) and LPG .
- The fuel processing system can be used with a commercial LPG cylinder (automatic changeover at 0.07 MPa).