Daigas Group Diversity Promotion Policy
Greater diversity within the group for expanding business fields
Recognising that employees are one of the most important assets in the corporate value, the management of Osaka Gals group of companies has been committed to the development of employees' potential at work. While respecting their individuality and independence, we are encouraging our employees to make a good use of education and training provided by the company to achieve our objective. In addition, we are working on a number of programmes and initiatives to realise suitable work-life balance for each employee.
We expect that our customers' needs will become more complex due to the change in the demographic structure of Japan and diverse individual lifestyles and values. To sustain a steady growth of Osaka Gas Group, we are obliged to explore broader business fields beyond the traditional domains of gas utility business. Through these efforts, we will certainly be required to embrace multiple values in the society. We would rather accommodate swiftly and flexibly to the changes in business environment and identify opportunities for creating new corporate value.
The new corporate value can be created, we believe, not from individual and isolated idea but from a joint and organizational approach, where exchange of knowledge, interaction of concepts and fusion of ideas among employees take place vibrantly. We will be more creative, if every employee has strong intellectual curiosity and fertile imagination, if everyone can be exposed to different views, values and ways of thinking of other people, and if we accept and respect diverse opinions without prejudice. We believe that the promotion of diversity, which enables people freely to discuss their own ideas, regardless of gender, age, nationality, physical handicap and other attributes, is a fundamental part of corporate structure.
Here, we have formulated the "Osaka Gas Group Diversity Promotion Policy," as recognition of its importance. We hope that each company of Osaka Gas Group will provide our employees with rewarding workplace where everyone is respected and free of discrimination and prejudice.
Formulated on March, 2014
Revised on April, 2018
President, Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
Principle on Diversity
The Daigas Group is committed to promoting diversity within their organization to achieve creation of new corporate value through building strong organizations.
- We will seek to realize a group of enterprises with rewarding work environment where employees are respected, and without discrimination, their diversity is recognized, including gender, age, physical disabilities, nationalities, form of employment, lifestyles*1, religions, sexual orientation*2, and gender identity*3.
- As a basis for employees to pursue their career opportunities, the company implements policies to enhance work productivity and to realize suitable work-life balance for each employee.
- *1 Lifestyles
- Working styles meet the needs required in one's various life stages
- The tendency of sexual attraction, such as homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality.
- Self recognition of sex where one belongs to, including transgender.
Targets and Sustainable Actions
The Daigas Group intends to implement its activities for supporting, among others, females, the elderly, the physically challenged, and foreign nationals. A consideration will be given to building work environment for employees to achieve their higher career objectives. Minority workers should not be subjected to a disadvantage. As the touchstone of promoting diversity, Osaka Gas seeks to provide its female employees with greater professional opportunities. The company targets to achieve more than a 30% mark in recruiting females out of the total new recruits with professional qualifications and to realize a 5% target of female managers in the middle management by 2020. Female executives, likewise, should also be appointed in an expeditious manner. Osaka Gas intends to implement these actions in a sustainable manner and report its performance.
- * Rate of female in the management
- Rate of female number in the management in the class including managers.